Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: soboyle on August 12, 2010, 07:37:19 pm
-
I have a home machine that is a Vista 64 PC, and have an opp to pick up a Macbook pro. Can I run lightroom on both my PC and this new Mac? will the license allow that? I know you can run it on 2 machines, just not sure I can run it on different platforms.
-
2 machines - and you're not limited to one brand of computer. Work can be easily moved between computers too.
John
-
I'm not sure I understand this ... are there not a pc version and a mac version of Lightroom?
I'm considering a Macbook Pro and thought I'd have to purchase a new Mac copy - not true?
Bob.
-
There are separate versions of the program. However, the licence number is the same and you can use it on two computers - two Macs, or a mac and a Dell, or a Dell and an HP.
-
Phew! Quick reply John!
<the licence number is the same and you can use it on two computers>
So, I still need to download the mac version if I've been using the pc version?
Been to the adobe site but found no answers.
Bob.
-
So, I still need to download the mac version if I've been using the pc version?
Yes. Just keep your existing licence number safe.
-
IF you have the CD then you have both versions, otherwise you will need to download the mac version.
I'm running on both platforms, so far so good.
I haven't done any catalog exchange between them yet.
-
I haven't done any catalog exchange between them yet.
I do that all the time, often simply running a File > Export as Catalog on my laptop, copying it over the network, and then a File > Import from Catalog to bring a new shoot into my desktop PC. Other times I'll move an entire catalogue over, and then just point the folder paths to whatever is needed. It's very reliable.
John
-
The density of my brain just eased enough to let this information in! Thanks guys.
Bob.