Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: Kirk Gittings on August 09, 2010, 12:40:28 pm

Title: Lens Corrections from profile disappear....
Post by: Kirk Gittings on August 09, 2010, 12:40:28 pm
I am new to Lightroom, so maybe this is dumb question......but my lens corrections from a LR3 profile disappear when I go to open the image PSCS4 for further work. It is the only LR correction I make that does this. What am I doing wrong? DNG files, 64 bit PC, LR3 and PSCS4.
Title: Lens Corrections from profile disappear....
Post by: Kirk Gittings on August 09, 2010, 01:30:25 pm
great answer from the Adobe forums.

"CS5 was the current version of Photoshop when LR3 shipped, so you need CS5 with ACR 6.1 to be fully compatible with LR3's lens-corrections.
Or you'll need to have LR3 render the file to TIF or PSD on the way into Photoshop.  If you don't have this option when you choose Edit in Photoshop... then you can trick LR3 by making a copy of phootshop.exe to photoshopx.exe and select the photoshopx.exe as an external editor.  When you do this, LR3 won't recognize it as Photoshop and will automatically render to a PSD or TIF before starting up PS-CS4."

That workaround worked like a charm.
Title: Lens Corrections from profile disappear....
Post by: Gary Gray on August 09, 2010, 02:32:30 pm
Kirk,

We recently discussed this very topic on this thread.

http://luminous-landscape.com/forum/index....showtopic=45189 (http://luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=45189)

Rather than repeat it all over again, maybe your answer can be found there.


Quote from: Kirk Gittings
I am new to Lightroom, so maybe this is dumb question......but my lens corrections from a LR3 profile disappear when I go to open the image PSCS4 for further work. It is the only LR correction I make that does this. What am I doing wrong? DNG files, 64 bit PC, LR3 and PSCS4.