Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: dmoyes on August 09, 2010, 11:17:19 am

Title: Finding which photos are missing from the catalog
Post by: dmoyes on August 09, 2010, 11:17:19 am
Is there a way to search for which photos are missing in the catalog? For instance, after having problems with a drive it would be good to know how many and which of the virtual catalog files have lost their links to the actual files on the drive. It would speed up the restore process if it were possible to find all the missing photos at once.

Thanks,
Dennis
Title: Finding which photos are missing from the catalog
Post by: dmoyes on August 09, 2010, 11:21:54 am
Nevermind. I found the "Find Missing Photos" button.

Dennis
Title: Re: Finding which photos are missing from the catalog
Post by: AndyWatson on August 12, 2010, 05:39:56 am
Denis,

Where is the missing photos button. I think I need it !
Title: Re: Finding which photos are missing from the catalog
Post by: wolfnowl on August 12, 2010, 03:55:04 pm
You can find it in two places:

1) In the Library module, left panel, Catalog Tab, underneath 'Previous Import' it says 'Missing Photos' (Only if there are any)
2) At the top, under Library/ Find Missing Photos

Mike.
Title: Re: Finding which photos are missing from the catalog
Post by: AndyWatson on August 15, 2010, 04:26:30 am
Mike,
Many thanks - noted. Andy
Title: Re: Finding which photos are missing from the catalog
Post by: maxgruzen on August 15, 2010, 11:55:09 am
I have five photo's that are missing. I find these on my external drive. Is there a way to restore the link without re-importing these files into the lightroom catalog? If I remember correctly you were able to do this in LR2 but so far I am unable to figure this out in LR3.
Title: Re: Finding which photos are missing from the catalog
Post by: maxgruzen on August 15, 2010, 12:09:45 pm
I right click on the file, go to show in finder, click on find photo, find on hard drive, click on restore and nothing seems to happen.