Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: dgberg on August 07, 2010, 05:13:18 am

Title: Looking for way to salvage 700ml ink from damaged cart.
Post by: dgberg on August 07, 2010, 05:13:18 am
I received a damaged 700ml inkcart from Epson. They kindly replaced it and did not want this one back. I stopped the ink from seeping so it probably still has 695ml of usable ink.(debateable at this point.) Is their a way using a syringe and needle to pull it out and put it in another cart?
I am familiar with the chip setter and would probably have to buy one of those.
This is no big deal as I can chuck this thing in a heartbeat. It is $260.00 worth of ink and thought I would check first.
Title: Looking for way to salvage 700ml ink from damaged cart.
Post by: na goodman on August 07, 2010, 08:53:53 am
Try this company. http://www.inksupply.com/index.cfm (http://www.inksupply.com/index.cfm) They may have what you need and could give you some guidance. They do carry the chip resetter up thru the 9900's.

Quote from: Dan Berg
I received a damaged 700ml inkcart from Epson. They kindly replaced it and did not want this one back. I stopped the ink from seeping so it probably still has 695ml of usable ink.(debateable at this point.) Is their a way using a syringe and needle to pull it out and put it in another cart?
I am familiar with the chip setter and would probably have to buy one of those.
This is no big deal as I can chuck this thing in a heartbeat. It is $260.00 worth of ink and thought I would check first.
Title: Looking for way to salvage 700ml ink from damaged cart.
Post by: dgberg on August 07, 2010, 09:21:35 am
Thanks Nancy I will give them a call.
Title: Looking for way to salvage 700ml ink from damaged cart.
Post by: KeithR on August 07, 2010, 12:25:15 pm
You could also look into Jon Cone's website: inkjetmall.com.
the page that contains what you are looking for:
http://shopping.netsuite.com/s.nl/c.362672...tegory.27717/.f (http://shopping.netsuite.com/s.nl/c.362672/sc.11/category.27717/.f)
Title: Looking for way to salvage 700ml ink from damaged cart.
Post by: nilo on August 07, 2010, 09:15:44 pm
Quote from: Dan Berg
Thanks Nancy I will give them a call.

Please do report back. Me too, I would be interested in hearing about the best way to get ink out of a big Epson cartridge.
Title: Re: Looking for way to salvage 700ml ink from damaged cart.
Post by: KevinWilliams on August 25, 2010, 05:14:51 pm
Check this, it tells you how to refill, probably will help you take out the ink http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ne8W6qPd4I
Title: Re: Looking for way to salvage 700ml ink from damaged cart.
Post by: arcman on August 26, 2010, 10:49:07 pm
Yikes!  Nothing like including a little air with the ink...

Must be an old video.  Newer carts have a one-way valve that prevents you from using this techinque.  Another way for Epson to keep you from saving a couple of bucks.  The valve can be defeated though.