Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Computers & Peripherals => Topic started by: Kumar on August 06, 2010, 08:22:03 pm

Title: Solar powered laptop bags
Post by: Kumar on August 06, 2010, 08:22:03 pm
Are these solar powered laptop bags any good? http://www.skymall.com/shopping/detail.htm?pid=203260733 (http://www.skymall.com/shopping/detail.htm?pid=203260733)
I'm sometimes shooting outdoors for a couple of days, and it might be handy to have a reserve. I have extra batteries for my laptop, of course.

Kumar
Title: Re: Solar powered laptop bags
Post by: sbunting108 on September 03, 2010, 01:43:25 pm
I really don't know as I have never had one or talked to anyone with one however here is a short except from the Guardian Website.

"Likely scenario for laptop bag: a conference. The only time when you wouldn't be lugging your laptop around indoors would be the night, so that's when you'd be able to set your bag down outdoors for 10 hours and let it charge up. Oh - hang on..."

:) So its your call!
Title: Re: Solar powered laptop bags
Post by: EduPerez on September 05, 2010, 03:40:39 pm
Without knowing how much power can be expected from this device, it does not seem interesting to me.