Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: Swede on August 05, 2010, 06:22:43 am
-
I'm new to LR so I don't know if this is a LR3 (64 bit) bug or a general LR issue. If I add a synonym to my Keyword Tag, the synonym will display in the keywording window if I select "Will export" but not under "Keywords & Containing". If I save to metadata and then look into the xmp file, I can't find the synonym. Can someone confirm my findings, is it a LR bug that the synonym isn't saved in the xmp or have I missunderstod the intended functionallity?
Best regards
-
The synonym gets applied when you do an export. If you're saving to xmp, you're only saving what is actually applied to the original in the catalogue. So that's expected behaviour. For backup, backup your catalogue.