Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: Steve Weldon on August 01, 2010, 12:42:08 pm

Title: LR3 Catalog Folder View
Post by: Steve Weldon on August 01, 2010, 12:42:08 pm
Is there anything obvious (or not) I'm missing.. so that when you open/close a folder, close LR3, and then open it again, your changes stick?
Title: LR3 Catalog Folder View
Post by: Johnny_Johnson on August 01, 2010, 12:51:59 pm
When you close a folder you need to also close all sub folders.  On a Windows system try <ALT> clicking to close the main folder.  That may close all sub folders at the same time.

Later,
Johnny
Title: LR3 Catalog Folder View
Post by: Steve Weldon on August 01, 2010, 01:46:08 pm
Quote from: Johnny_Johnson
When you close a folder you need to also close all sub folders.  On a Windows system try <ALT> clicking to close the main folder.  That may close all sub folders at the same time.

Later,
Johnny
Closing the sub-folders didn't work.. but closing them with the <ALT> worked great.  Thank you!   Oddly I never had to do that before.. I'd just open/close them, and then they'd open that way.  But that was 2.7..

Maybe you know the answer to something else that's been bugging me.  I work on two monitors.  When in DreamWeaver and I click on "insert image" the image folder opens on top of the workspace.  Before the 'insert image' folder would open on the second monitor leaving the workspace clear.. but that was CS4 and now I'm using CS5.. ;o)   Any way to be able to drag that insert image folder over to the monitor of choice and have it stick the next time I open it?

Thanks for your help.