Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: DavidPorter on July 29, 2010, 08:49:45 pm
-
I have been wanting to get back into photography for quite some time, and finally have the opportunity.
These are just a few shots I took today during a trip to Mount Rainier in Washington.
Any critique or suggestions would be great.
Dave
-
Hi Dave, and welcome to the list! I think your work shows some potential; before each shot, ask yourself what the purpose of this image is, what to include, and what to leave out... The main Luminous Landscape site has thousands of pages of free information available. Practice, practice, practice!
Mike.
-
Dave
Judging by the shadows and the high contrast light quality I would guess that these shots were made in the middle of the day, and you have compensated by upping the saturation in post processing. One suggestion would be to time your expeditions so you get to shoot early in the morning or late in the afternoon, when the quality of the light is better. No matter how good your composition and post processing skills, you can't beat good light.
Ed