Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: colourperfect on July 22, 2010, 03:32:19 pm

Title: Library File type differentiation - color labels ?
Post by: colourperfect on July 22, 2010, 03:32:19 pm
When looking at the Library (Grid view) I would like an immeadiately obvious way of differentiating the file type.
Essentialy differentiating between raw, jpg and psd.
I appreciate I can turn on the file extension indicator but would ideally like to use the colour label to say indicate psd files

TIA

Colourperfect
Title: Library File type differentiation - color labels ?
Post by: wolfnowl on July 22, 2010, 10:19:51 pm
You can certainly use the colour labels, but you'll have to do it manually - for example, filter out only PSD files, select all and then assign them a colour.  There's no way that I know of for Lightroom to do it automatically.

Mike.

Title: Library File type differentiation - color labels ?
Post by: JRSmit on July 23, 2010, 02:17:28 am
Quote from: colourperfect
When looking at the Library (Grid view) I would like an immeadiately obvious way of differentiating the file type.
Essentialy differentiating between raw, jpg and psd.
I appreciate I can turn on the file extension indicator but would ideally like to use the colour label to say indicate psd files

TIA

Colourperfect
Possible solution: Create smart collections for each filtetype, give these a name such that places them on top of the collection list.
When in grid view, hovering with your mouse over a collection in the  list of collections will hilite images that are part of that collection.
It is like a colour label but then sort of dynamic.