Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: jsch on July 22, 2010, 02:31:12 pm
-
Hi,
can I apply local adjustments and lens/perspective corretions to one image?
Will the mask for the local adjustments also be affected by the lens/perspective corretions?
Is it better to adjust the lens/perspective corrections first an then the local adjustments or the other way around?
Did anyone expericence the following: Sometime the masks have a live of their own, I get spots of the mask without doing something? See attached image. I applied the mask at the bottom. I didn't apply the small spots at the top.
Thank you for feedback,
Johannes
-
can I apply local adjustments and lens/perspective corretions to one image?
Will the mask for the local adjustments also be affected by the lens/perspective corretions?
Is it better to adjust the lens/perspective corrections first an then the local adjustments or the other way around?
Yes...
Yes...
Yes...
While the engineers did a very good job of taking local adjustments (and spot removal) into consideration and correcting the adjustments to fit the lens correction, it ain't 100% perfect. Depending on the amount of the lens correction and the location and number of local corrections you can sometimes see brush strokes that fail to move 100% accurately after a lens correction.
So, if this tends to bit you with your lenses and the type of local corrections you do, doing the lens corrections first and then doing the local adjustments will mitigate the potential for errors. Note however you can have the reverse problem if you add local adjustments after a lens correction and then remove the correction.
I know this issue is something that is being worked on...no idea when it will be 100% fixed...
-
A quick question - did you use the 'Previous' button when Developing this image? Sync allows you to specify which Develop settings to copy over to the current image, but Previous copies over ALL of the Develop settings, including the Spot Removal tool. It's happened to me more than once.
Mike.
-
Did anyone expericence the following: Sometime the masks have a live of their own, I get spots of the mask without doing something? See attached image. I applied the mask at the bottom. I didn't apply the small spots at the top.
Johannes
I have had a similar experience with LR, where when using a brush it would leave an unintended streak across the image when I moved the cursor to a menu option or to alter a slider value. This was when I was running the LR3 beta, and I was using an XP laptop with insufficient RAM (1.5GB was not enough). Since upgrading my PC, I have not seen this happen again.
John
-
I have had a similar experience with LR, where when using a brush it would leave an unintended streak across the image when I moved the cursor to a menu option or to alter a slider value.
I did experience a similar problem with LR2, the cursor behaviour was quite erratic.
The culprit was some part of a Wacom tablet driver : see http://forums.adobe.com/message/1383486#1383486 (http://forums.adobe.com/message/1383486#1383486) for details of the solution.