Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: dreed on July 12, 2010, 02:58:32 pm

Title: Is there an option to resume sequence number on import?
Post by: dreed on July 12, 2010, 02:58:32 pm
Having decided to try Lightroom's import rather than copy files myself, I've run into something that I can't believe isn't fixable: after importing 90 photos from a card and putting them all in a folder, the next import from a different card into the same folder wants to start at 1 again. It isn't unworkable as all I need to do is take note of the number of the last file imported and enter in the next value when doing the next import. But it is rather manual and prone to error (forgetting to update the starting index.)

I can't seem to see anything in the import dialogue that supports a "continuation" import, am I just missing something obvious?
Title: Is there an option to resume sequence number on import?
Post by: neil snape on July 14, 2010, 02:05:37 am
I've always had to copy the number down of the last previous import file and set the number to +1.

So yes this is something I would like to know how to do too.
Title: Is there an option to resume sequence number on import?
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on July 14, 2010, 03:27:19 am
Quote from: neil snape
So yes this is something I would like to know how to do too.
Me too. I tend to add a large number to ensure that there's a gap and later to let LR renumber them all.

Jeremy