Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Hans Kruse on July 06, 2010, 12:46:43 pm

Title: Double Rainbow
Post by: Hans Kruse on July 06, 2010, 12:46:43 pm
On my last photo workshop in Italy the weather was pretty dramatic and as I was driving through the landscape a double rainbow formed. I was lucky to arrive at a resonable spot to make a photo of it.

I used my Canon 16-35 f/2.8 at 16mm to capture the entire double rainbow. The post processing is done in Lightroom 3 and a few colored posts to mark the road were removed in Photoshop CS5 with the new content aware fill function. I also used the graduted filter in LR3 to darken the sky slightly above the rainbow.

(http://www.pbase.com/hkruse/image/125710782/original.jpg)

Regards,
Hans Kruse
Title: Double Rainbow
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on July 06, 2010, 01:16:03 pm
Great shot!

Eric

Title: Double Rainbow
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on July 06, 2010, 01:52:34 pm
Very pretty!

Jeremy
Title: Double Rainbow
Post by: Ed Blagden on July 06, 2010, 03:06:14 pm
Love that one - great shot!
Title: Double Rainbow
Post by: Justan on July 06, 2010, 03:27:43 pm
^What they said^

Beautiful!
Title: Double Rainbow
Post by: Josh-H on July 06, 2010, 06:33:29 pm
yup - great capture.
Title: Double Rainbow
Post by: wolfnowl on July 06, 2010, 06:42:18 pm
Nicely done!

Mike.
Title: Double Rainbow
Post by: Hans Kruse on July 07, 2010, 04:07:14 am
Quote from: hkruse
On my last photo workshop in Italy the weather was pretty dramatic and as I was driving through the landscape a double rainbow formed. I was lucky to arrive at a resonable spot to make a photo of it.

I used my Canon 16-35 f/2.8 at 16mm to capture the entire double rainbow. The post processing is done in Lightroom 3 and a few colored posts to mark the road were removed in Photoshop CS5 with the new content aware fill function. I also used the graduted filter in LR3 to darken the sky slightly above the rainbow.


Title: Double Rainbow
Post by: John R on July 08, 2010, 05:53:05 pm
Quote from: hkruse
Thanks everyone
Great shot. Spectacular light.

JMR
Title: Double Rainbow
Post by: RoyHubbard on July 09, 2010, 12:49:45 am
This is an amazing view, great capture!
Title: Double Rainbow
Post by: popnfresh on July 09, 2010, 12:24:09 pm
All it needs are Leprechauns and pots of gold and it'll be perfect!