Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: Tim Gray on June 28, 2010, 08:24:05 pm
-
Just upgraded to a new computer with lots of horsepower, and at the same time moved to CS5 and LR3. Thank god I only do this every 3 years or so. In any event got most everything working (after a few tense moments with the Drobo) but one question remains. In LR2, CRTL E opened the file in photoshop without creating an interim tif file, and then would save and re-import back to LR and keep the rating. How can I restore this kind of process/behavior in LR3?
Thanks.
-
I've never used that shortcut, but tried it on my computer (XP Pro) in LR3 and CS5 and it works fine. With a tiff I get the “open original or copy...” dialogue, and with a raw file it opens immediately. Perhaps your preferences have changed? Can't think of any other reason.
-
In LR2, CRTL E opened the file in photoshop without creating an interim tif file, and then would save and re-import back to LR and keep the rating. How can I restore this kind of process/behavior in LR3?
I believe there's a bug affecting the rating. Hit Ctrl S (Cmd S on Mac) immediately before Ctrl E.
John