Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Enda Cavanagh on June 24, 2010, 01:02:26 pm

Title: Cliffs at Cahercommaun Fort, the Burren 1
Post by: Enda Cavanagh on June 24, 2010, 01:02:26 pm
I took this photo of cliffs at sunset near Cahercommaun Fort in the Burren, County Clare in the west of Ireland. I was drawn to the type of woodland in and around the cliffs. It is not the typical type of woodland that you see around Ireland. I guess it is due to the barren landscape of the Burren. It somehow reminded me of a trip the south of France I made many years ago. See what you think

Photo of Cahercommaun Fort (http://www.endacavanagh.com/panoramic_ireland/landscape_photo_cliffs_cahercommaun_fort_the_burren)
Title: Cliffs at Cahercommaun Fort, the Burren 1
Post by: francois on June 25, 2010, 11:34:56 am
Quote from: Enda Cavanagh
I took this photo of cliffs at sunset near Cahercommaun Fort in the Burren, County Clare in the west of Ireland. I was drawn to the type of woodland in and around the cliffs. It is not the typical type of woodland that you see around Ireland. I guess it is due to the barren landscape of the Burren. It somehow reminded me of a trip the south of France I made many years ago. See what you think

Photo of Cahercommaun Fort (http://bit.ly/dfxdJ6)
It's a lovely image. I like the soft hues in the sky & the setting sun and the light on the right side of the stone wall.
Bravo!
Title: Cliffs at Cahercommaun Fort, the Burren 1
Post by: seamus finn on June 27, 2010, 08:42:42 am


Beautiful shot, Enda. And a lovely part of the country.
Title: Cliffs at Cahercommaun Fort, the Burren 1
Post by: Enda Cavanagh on June 28, 2010, 04:27:12 am
Thanks guys. Until recently it was the only county along the whole west coast, I hadn't photographed. It's unlike any other place in Ireland really.