Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: neil snape on June 22, 2010, 03:03:19 am

Title: Errors in importing catalogues in LR3
Post by: neil snape on June 22, 2010, 03:03:19 am
It seems I am not the only one with this problem.

IF you have a duplicate images or folders LR 3 seems to prevent importing catalogues giving an Unknown error".

This is on both PC and Mac.

Here is a thread on Adobe forums.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/655286?tstart=0 (http://forums.adobe.com/thread/655286?tstart=0)

I had a hard time finding that thread so I thought I'd post here since LL forums are easier to use than Adobe's.
Title: Errors in importing catalogues in LR3
Post by: wolfnowl on June 23, 2010, 02:41:39 am
Neil:  You're definitely not the only one.  I tried importing my LR2 catalogue and ran into problems; when I filed a bug report with Tom Hogarty I rec'd an e-mail back from Adobe saying that if the catalog you're importing has the same folders it's no go.  I trust LR 3.1 will fix this.

Mike.