Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: phila on June 14, 2010, 12:03:05 am
-
Just a heads up to save anyone an hour of their time trying to track down this bug/feature.
I just upgraded from PS CS3 to CS5 (with LR3) and the first time I went to print an image noticed that File>Page Setup has gone. Ok I thought, I'll see what my margins etc will look like by selecting Preview in the Print Settings dialogue box. Fine, did that and then found that from then on every print had to be printed from Preview! That is clicking on Print in the PS Print dialogue box took me to Preview rather than the Print Settings dialogue box.
You have to trash your PS prefs to restore the default behaviour.
For the record running 10.6.3 but I think it is a PS bug rather than a OS problem.
-
Uh no...what you need to do is learn how to actually use CS5's print function...you know is saves your page setup and print settings between prints, right? You notice that the print settings dlog says Save in stead of Print that's because you need to set up the page and print settings BEFORE you actually click Print...
-
Uh no...what you need to do is learn how to actually use CS5's print function...you know is saves your page setup and print settings between prints, right? You notice that the print settings dlog says Save in stead of Print that's because you need to set up the page and print settings BEFORE you actually click Print...
I sort of follow that Jeff (and thanks for replying by the way) but what is the logic behind changing the default behaviour (PS Print button > Print Settings) to PS Print button > Preview if you only Previewed one image but don't need/want to have to go through Preview again for different images?