Luminous Landscape Forum
Site & Board Matters => About This Site => Topic started by: Dick Roadnight on June 12, 2010, 07:18:35 am
-
Hi, All...
When I gat my mac, I used safari...
When I got bored of Safari not being able to access websites I changed to Firefox
Now they have launched Safari 5 I thought that I would try it.
...but the text seems small on my Eizo CG 211, and worse on the 17" mac book pro... but Cmd + fixed it.
I like the sizable edit box we get with Safari, and not with Firefox.
Edit: Safari 5 died trying to display "recent professional works" page 53, so I am now back on Firefox.
-
Hi, All...
When I gat my mac, I used safari...
When I got bored of Safari not being able to access websites I changed to Firefox
Now they have launched Safari 5 I thought that I would try it.
...but the text seems small on my Eizo CG 211, and worse on the 17" mac book pro... but Cmd + fixed it.
I like the sizable edit box we get with Safari, and not with Firefox.
Edit: Safari 5 died trying to display "recent professional works" page 53, so I am now back on Firefox.
Dick, something must be wrong somewhere,
I just checked "recent professional works" page 53 with the #5 and everything is perfect.
-
Edit: Safari 5 died trying to display "recent professional works" page 53, so I am now back on Firefox.
I'm with Fred, that page opens without a problem for me as well. You might try deleting Safari's cache: ~/Library/Caches/com.apple.Safari/Caches.db, and maybe the webpage previews as well.
I prefer Camino to Firefox, FWIW, and there's Chrome and Opera to try too. Lots of options...
-
I'm with Fred, that page opens without a problem for me as well. You might try deleting Safari's cache: ~/Library/Caches/com.apple.Safari/Caches.db, and maybe the webpage previews as well.
I prefer Camino to Firefox, FWIW, and there's Chrome and Opera to try too. Lots of options...
I got the problem regularly with Safari 4, but I am now back on Safari 5 in the hope that I can send a screen shot of the problem to Apple... but the problem has not recurred.
There is a Safari/empty cache menu option to delete the cash, which I have now used.
-
Dick,
sending Apple a screenshot is going to be less useful than sending the crashdump, which it will do automatically unless you have disabled that feature. You should see a dialog after a crash asking if you want to send info to Apple, just click yes.
-
I have Safari, Firefox and Chrome installed.
Generally, I have used Safari. It has never hesitated to load anything for me, and my bookmarks are kept in sync on 4 Macs using Mobile Me. I have never liked Firefox, but only because of the aesthetics and UI. It has had the great advantage of some cool plugins, such as grabbing flash video and downloading it to your drive. Safari 5 not has plugin extensions, so that advantage is gone.
Chrome seems good, but offers me no advantages over Safari.
-
Hi, All...
When I gat my mac, I used safari...
When I got bored of Safari not being able to access websites I changed to Firefox
Now they have launched Safari 5 I thought that I would try it.
Edit: Safari 5 died trying to display "recent professional works" page 53, so I am now back on Firefox.
I had this problem three times in a row trying to access this page today... and have sent screen shots to apple.
-
I had this problem three times in a row trying to access this page today... and have sent screen shots to apple.
Does this problem also happen if you use a different user account?
-
I had this problem three times in a row trying to access this page today... and have sent screen shots to apple.
Running Safari 5.0 (6533.16) on a quad core MacPro 10.6.3 and having none of the described issues.
Dave