Luminous Landscape Forum

Site & Board Matters => About This Site => Topic started by: peterpix on June 07, 2010, 03:10:16 pm

Title: Photographed any cops lately?
Post by: peterpix on June 07, 2010, 03:10:16 pm
Just saw this posted on  the TOP site. This this was as good as anyplace to post.

http://gizmodo.com/5553765/are-cameras-the-new-guns (http://gizmodo.com/5553765/are-cameras-the-new-guns)
Title: Photographed any cops lately?
Post by: paulbk on June 07, 2010, 08:56:54 pm
I'm not the type to get spun-up easily. But this is a fist class outrage! The ability to capture (video or stills) law enforcement "doing their duty" is essential for ANY kind of quality control and accountability by the citizenry who pay their salary.

Fuming.
Title: Photographed any cops lately?
Post by: schrodingerscat on June 07, 2010, 11:22:05 pm
Quote from: paulbk
I'm not the type to get spun-up easily. But this is a fist class outrage! The ability to capture (video or stills) law enforcement "doing their duty" is essential for ANY kind of quality control and accountability by the citizenry who pay their salary.

Fuming.

Don't worry, you too will learn to love Big Brother.
Title: Photographed any cops lately?
Post by: Philmar on June 10, 2010, 01:18:04 pm
Agree. This is TOO far. Rodney King would never have seen his day in court if there hadn't been footage. When it is your word against the police's word, I think we all know what da judge is gonna say!!
Unless there is footage, I daresay you will never be able to effectively challenge police/state improper search & seizure/abuse/profiling ect.