Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: jasonrandolph on June 07, 2010, 11:33:33 am

Title: Upper Yosemite Falls
Post by: jasonrandolph on June 07, 2010, 11:33:33 am
Here's one from my recent trip to Yosemite.  I know, pretty much every image from Yosemite is almost a cliche, but I was enchanted by the place.  For those yet to go, you really need to see it for yourself.  It's an amazing place!
Title: Upper Yosemite Falls
Post by: wolfnowl on June 07, 2010, 03:06:55 pm
VERY nice!  Has almost an IR look to it.

Mike.
Title: Upper Yosemite Falls
Post by: jasonrandolph on June 07, 2010, 05:34:05 pm
Quote from: wolfnowl
VERY nice!  Has almost an IR look to it.

Mike.

Thanks Mike.  I wanted the foliage to be light.  I think it would've been too dark otherwise.
Title: Upper Yosemite Falls
Post by: popnfresh on June 09, 2010, 06:35:56 pm
It's true that Yosemite valley has been photographed to death, but this photo works for me. The composition is quite nice and I like the platinum/palladium feel of the tonality. I might be inclined to lose a little of the field in the foreground. But otherwise, good work.
Title: Upper Yosemite Falls
Post by: jasonrandolph on June 10, 2010, 04:22:53 pm
Quote from: popnfresh
It's true that Yosemite valley has been photographed to death, but this photo works for me. The composition is quite nice and I like the platinum/palladium feel of the tonality. I might be inclined to lose a little of the field in the foreground. But otherwise, good work.

Thanks popnfresh.