Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: SteveAlley on June 05, 2010, 07:03:56 pm
-
I got nuthin here...
CS5 64 bit, epson 3800. When I send an image to the printer, the first print is washed out and looks unprofiled. If I resend that image, changing nothing in the print dialogues, it's perfect the second time.
Any ideas?
Steve
-
I got nuthin here...
CS5 64 bit, epson 3800. When I send an image to the printer, the first print is washed out and looks unprofiled. If I resend that image, changing nothing in the print dialogues, it's perfect the second time.
Any ideas?
Steve
Can you detail your OS, and exact workflow, Steve?
-
Can you detail your OS, and exact workflow, Steve?
Sorry. Windows7 64 bit.
Prep image, use photoshop's print command. Select print options and make sure that printer is set for no color management, and that the correct profile and rendering intent are set under photoshop controls color.
Print the image--result: washed out terrible looking print.
Use the CS5 print dialogue again, verify all settings have not changed.
Print the image--result: nice print, good screen match.
Thanks for any help...
Steve
-
Sorry. Windows7 64 bit.
Prep image, use photoshop's print command. Select print options and make sure that printer is set for no color management, and that the correct profile and rendering intent are set under photoshop controls color.
Print the image--result: washed out terrible looking print.
Use the CS5 print dialogue again, verify all settings have not changed.
Print the image--result: nice print, good screen match.
Thanks for any help...
Steve
What happens if you do the same, except instead of printing the first time you choose "done" and then open the print dialogue again and go straight to print?
-
Hmmm. I'm using CS5 on a Mac with 10.6.3 and have different issues with a first and second print. Whenever I change from roll to sheet or vice versa, the first print is sent with the wrong request for media type and my HP Z3100ps complains that I need to switch types. I cancel the job and hit print again, without changing anything and the job is sent correctly the second time. If I change paper sizes, but don't change from roll to sheet it gets the change right the first time. I've tried the trick of changing the parameters and then not following through with a print until a second time through the dialogue boxes, as well as multiple saves with the printer settings dialogue box before printing, but it requires a wasted rasterization of the file before it gets it right. I was blaming the HP driver for this, but now wonder if it may be PS instead.
-
What happens if you do the same, except instead of printing the first time you choose "done" and then open the print dialogue again and go straight to print?
Tried that early on. If I chose 'done' then reopen the dialogue, the first print actually printed is bad, the next-printed separately- is fine. I've not tried to print 2 from the first dialogue since this has already doubled my paper expenses...
Thanks!
Steve
-
It does look like it could be PS related. I'd suggest filing a bug with Adobe, guys.
-
It may sound stupid, but as you didn't mention it, did you also go through the printer's dialog box?
-
It may sound stupid, but as you didn't mention it, did you also go through the printer's dialog box?
Stupid's OK, I was kinda hoping that someone would pint out something obvious that I was just missing.
This isn't it, though.
Yes, when I open the CS5 dialogue, I first (must) go tot the printer's dialogue box or the CS5 box won't let me select an output profile, so it goes like this:
CS5 print box--3800 properties--select paper, quality settings, no color management--back to CS5 box--select PS manages color, correct output profile and rendering intent--print--ugly print--CS5print box--check all settings, no changes--print--good print.
Thanks for the suggestions, though!
Steve
-
Steve, I am not having the problem you describe under Win 7 64x and a 3800. However, every time I open the print dialog, the profile is showing as my Exhibition Fiber Profile, so I never experience the sequence you describe (i.e., in my case, the correct profile is always showing in the the print dialog, and all I need to do is go into the printer to make sure that printer color management is in fact turned off).
-
Steve, I am not having the problem you describe under Win 7 64x and a 3800. However, every time I open the print dialog, the profile is showing as my Exhibition Fiber Profile, so I never experience the sequence you describe (i.e., in my case, the correct profile is always showing in the the print dialog, and all I need to do is go into the printer to make sure that printer color management is in fact turned off).
That's interesting. I only get the correct profile preloaded in the CS5 dialogue if I'm re-printing an image that I've already printed (in the same session) as detailed above. Otherwise I have to change the printer profile every time I print an image for the first time in a session.
Thanks!
Steve
-
That's interesting. I only get the correct profile preloaded in the CS5 dialogue if I'm re-printing an image that I've already printed (in the same session) as detailed above. Otherwise I have to change the printer profile every time I print an image for the first time in a session.
Thanks!
Steve
Just an update; I finally reinstalled Qimage on the machine and it works fine every time, so this would (I think) continue to point to PS as the culprit.
Steve