Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: MBehrens on June 05, 2010, 12:25:28 pm
-
I was watching this seminar from X-Rite and blurb. Toward the end Joe states in no uncertain terms that LR3 will have a CYMK workflow with soft proofing.
http://xritephoto.com/ph_learning.aspx?act...ventdateid=4432 (http://xritephoto.com/ph_learning.aspx?action=webinars&eventid=799&eventdateid=4432)
I understand this is not official and those who know aren't saying and those that are saying don't know... Really all this is saying is they are working on it, as we already know. But it's fun to see these hints.
- Morey
-
I was watching this seminar from X-Rite and blurb. Toward the end Joe states in no uncertain terms that LR3 will have a CYMK workflow with soft proofing.
He did? I was at the webinar live, I don’t recall that statement. What exactly did he imply?
-
I was watching this seminar from X-Rite and blurb. Toward the end Joe states in no uncertain terms that LR3 will have a CYMK workflow with soft proofing.
http://xritephoto.com/ph_learning.aspx?act...ventdateid=4432 (http://xritephoto.com/ph_learning.aspx?action=webinars&eventid=799&eventdateid=4432)
I understand this is not official and those who know aren't saying and those that are saying don't know... Really all this is saying is they are working on it, as we already know. But it's fun to see these hints.
- Morey
We won't have long to wait!
http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/content_p...d=7-10052-10717 (http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/content_page.asp?cid=7-10052-10717)
-
We won't have long to wait!
http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/content_p...d=7-10052-10717 (http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/content_page.asp?cid=7-10052-10717)
cool - Still no mention of Soft Proofing though....
Looks like release is imminent - Terry's quote in the side bar is Lightroom 3 is here! In this episode I'll show you my Top 5 Favorite New Features. Lightroom 3 has lots of new features that I absolutely LOVE, however in this Episode I'll show you my top 5 favorites.
-
cool - Still no mention of Soft Proofing though....
Looks like release is imminent - Terry's quote in the side bar is Lightroom 3 is here! In this episode I'll show you my Top 5 Favorite New Features. Lightroom 3 has lots of new features that I absolutely LOVE, however in this Episode I'll show you my top 5 favorites.
I think the video's been disabled already! Nope, needed to modify my web settings! Duh.
-
He did? I was at the webinar live, I don’t recall that statement. What exactly did he imply?
It was near the end...
[attachment=22419:X_Rite_LR3.jpg]
-
With the 3.0.2 LR Beta CMYK images are definitely accepted for import etc, as well as greyscale and a few more.
I didn't hear or see anything on a CMYK workflow per se, but maybe others have.
I listened in on most of the webinar and must have missed this, or if it is just the screen shot, that everyone who uses Beta 3 should have known.
-
I think the video's been disabled already! Nope, needed to modify my web settings! Duh.
It looks like the video has now been removed - Either Adobe is playing funny buggers... or they really are a ship that never stops leaking.....
I did grab a copy of Terry White's sidebar quote before they removed it.
“Lightroom 3 is here! In this episode I’ll show you my Top 5 Favorite New Features. Lightroom 3 has lots of new features that I absolutely LOVE, however in this Episode I’ll show you my top 5 favourites.”
Based on this statement.. you would have to think 3.0 release is imminent...
-
It looks like the video has now been removed - Either Adobe is playing funny buggers... or they really are a ship that never stops leaking.....
They have done this so often, little bits of information apparently mistakenly leaked and then quickly withdrawn, that it's starting to look like a well planned marketing tactic.
-
It looks like the video has now been removed - Either Adobe is playing funny buggers... or they really are a ship that never stops leaking.....
I did grab a copy of Terry White's sidebar quote before they removed it.
“Lightroom 3 is here! In this episode I’ll show you my Top 5 Favorite New Features. Lightroom 3 has lots of new features that I absolutely LOVE, however in this Episode I’ll show you my top 5 favourites.”
Based on this statement.. you would have to think 3.0 release is imminent...
I was able to watch it in Google's cache, just a moment ago.
I don't know if the link is still working: http://tinyurl.com/3x55vqu (http://tinyurl.com/3x55vqu)
-
It was near the end...
[attachment=22419:X_Rite_LR3.jpg]
Nothing about soft proofing however. LR3 supports the ability to place CMYK into the DAM but nothing more.
-
Nothing about soft proofing however. LR3 supports the ability to place CMYK into the DAM but nothing more.
You're right. I went back and rewatched. It was in the soft proofing section of the presentation, guess I jumped to this conclusion. OOPS.
Guess we're back to speculation. ;-)
-
I was able to watch it in Google's cache, just a moment ago.
I don't know if the link is still working: http://tinyurl.com/3x55vqu (http://tinyurl.com/3x55vqu)
The cache link is still up. I just watched Terry's video, and I'm not sure why Adobe pulled it. Four of his 'top five' features' are already in LR3 Beta 2, and the one that isn't - lens correction - has already been demonstrated by Tom Hogary in the Lightroom 'Brown Bag' session on Facebook and is in CS5.
Mike.
-
The cache link is still up. I just watched Terry's video, and I'm not sure why Adobe pulled it. Four of his 'top five' features' are already in LR3 Beta 2, and the one that isn't - lens correction - has already been demonstrated by Tom Hogary in the Lightroom 'Brown Bag' session on Facebook and is in CS5.
Mike.
This is true...however this copy of Lightroom no longer had the "Beta" moniker on the top of the screen like his other videos. Doesn't really prove anything....but....anyway I'm sure it will be here soon.
Cheers...
Todd in Chicago
-
I'm not sure why Adobe pulled it.
If you take the problem backwards, that may explain why they leaked it : great buzz, without any embarassing NDA disclosure (ie still keeping the news fresh for the announcement).
But those who speak don't know...