Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: jljonathan on June 03, 2010, 07:01:23 pm
-
What are the steps I need to take to print with an Epson 3800 from a Mac Pro using ethernet and not the USB.
Jonathan
-
Not trying to be flippant, but Chapter 1 of the Printer Guide discusses setting the printer up on a network.
http://files.support.epson.com/pdf/pro38_/pro38_gd.pdf (http://files.support.epson.com/pdf/pro38_/pro38_gd.pdf)
If you use the EpsonNet utility (presuming it works on the Mac) you can use that to set the network feed up.
http://files.support.epson.com/htmldocs/pr..._ng/i_index.htm (http://files.support.epson.com/htmldocs/pro38_/pro38_ng/i_index.htm)
-
What are the steps I need to take to print with an Epson 3800 from a Mac Pro using ethernet and not the USB.
Jonathan
Connect it, switch it on, go to System Preferences:Print & Fax, click the + button, click the Default icon, wait a few moments, select your printer when it appears and click Add. You'll find the Bonjour connection appears first, and the EPSON TCPIP connection a little later. I used the second. I have the 6.57 driver installed under Snow Leopard.
In my experience, that was there is to it. It took me a couple of minutes.
Jeremy
-
I've found that sometimes, with Bonjour, it can take a while before printing actually starts. Follow Jeremy's step-by-step and you should be fine.
I'm printing from both Leopard and Snow Leopard without any problems.
-
Connect it, switch it on, go to System Preferences:Print & Fax, click the + button, click the Default icon, wait a few moments, select your printer when it appears and click Add. You'll find the Bonjour connection appears first, and the EPSON TCPIP connection a little later. I used the second. I have the 6.57 driver installed under Snow Leopard.
In my experience, that was there is to it. It took me a couple of minutes.
Jeremy
Jeremy
I'm still a little confused about the setup. I read the manual and the instructions for setting it up for a network got me more confused. Are you suggesting not to use the epson net utility? Just plug in a cable (not sure what kind) and then just set the prefs. That's it?
Jonathan
-
Jeremy
I'm still a little confused about the setup. I read the manual and the instructions for setting it up for a network got me more confused. Are you suggesting not to use the epson net utility? Just plug in a cable (not sure what kind) and then just set the prefs. That's it?
Jonathan
Yes. I've not used the net utility. There wasn't any need: I just used the OS. I used an ordinary ethernet cable. It's now connected through a hub (and so on a network) but I initially used it simply to connect a port on the Mac to the port on the Epson.
Sometimes "RTFM" leads to confusion. As someone said to Jenner when he was musing on vaccination, "Don't think: try the experiment".
Jeremy