Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: terence_patrick on June 02, 2010, 06:49:23 pm
-
I'm printing full frame 35mm shots for my 11x14 horizontal book. LR has the ability to create a cell with crop marks so that I can easily trim an A3 sheet, but there's letterboxing on the top and bottom of each image. The letterboxing is the paper's white surface, but there's an option to change the background color in the Print module, which I would like to set to black. Unfortunately, that fills the whole sheet. Is there a way to fill only the defined cell space so I don't have to waste so much black ink?
Obviously, I could do this in Photoshop, but would love to see the an option that only fills in the cell space with color.
-
Maybe by using a little plain-black PNG image as Identity Plate, scale it to the image and render it behind?
The main caveat would be that the Identity Plate is not color managed AFAICT, but for plain black, that might not be as problematic as with other colors.
-
I'm printing full frame 35mm shots for my 11x14 horizontal book. LR has the ability to create a cell with crop marks so that I can easily trim an A3 sheet, but there's letterboxing on the top and bottom of each image. The letterboxing is the paper's white surface, but there's an option to change the background color in the Print module, which I would like to set to black. Unfortunately, that fills the whole sheet. Is there a way to fill only the defined cell space so I don't have to waste so much black ink?
Obviously, I could do this in Photoshop, but would love to see the an option that only fills in the cell space with color.
I was doing something similar the other day. The print options are still a long way from where I'd like to see them. Yet if there were all the options I wanted it would be a front end similar to a rip which would be a disaster for most users.
I couldn't find a way to color cells individually btw.