Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: Eli Burakian on May 31, 2010, 05:54:14 pm
-
Hello,
I've had this problem a bunch and it's really annoying me. I can open a photo from Bridge, Lightroom 2.7 and the Finder, but once an image is open, I'm unable to open another image until I shut down photoshop. It does appear I can open images by going file>open from within photoshop, but that's not very helpful. I completely uninstalled and reinstalled PS CS4 and it hasn't changed. Any ideas? Oh, I'm working with PSD's but it seems to not matter what the file type is.
Thanks,
Eli
-
What are your system specs?
-
What are your system specs?
Mac Pro running the latest 10.6 (.3?) Not on that computer right now.
LR 2.7
8 GB ram and tons of HD space
It's just really weird and I feel like I've tried everything. I did just download CS5 though, and there's no problem there. I'm doing the trial and probably will upgrade, but I hate having to upgrade for that reason. (Luckily, it seems there is plenty of reason to upgrade nonetheless.)
-
Mac Pro running the latest 10.6 (.3?) Not on that computer right now.
LR 2.7
8 GB ram and tons of HD space
It's just really weird and I feel like I've tried everything. I did just download CS5 though, and there's no problem there. I'm doing the trial and probably will upgrade, but I hate having to upgrade for that reason. (Luckily, it seems there is plenty of reason to upgrade nonetheless.)
Have you tried to run Photoshop from a different user account? If it works then it would indicate that some of your preference files are corrupt.
-
Eli,
Do you have installed in CS4 a antigue version of Silver effex pro on a previous instalation like CS3?
Check that out. You may want to remove the plug-in in CS4 and reinstall CS3 (keeping the CS4).
Don't ask me the why tech of this wired statement, but I had a similar issue and the plug-in was the cause.
Anyway, I run both CS3 and now CS4 64 bits and older applications are in the CS3.