Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: Leigh on May 30, 2010, 10:40:35 am
-
In previous versions of Photoshop (I upgraded from CS3); selected media profiles in the Print dilog would remain as the "default" until changed by the user.
The other day, I printed 15 prints in succession, with the same media; and each time I opened the Print dilog I found it had defaulted to a Generic Printer profile, and I had to scroll through the .icc profiles, and reselect the appropriate profile.
Gets a bit annoying, and increases the chance of accidently selecting the wrong profile.
I searched in vain for a "control" to change this behaviour, an wondered if anyone else might have a "fix"?
Leigh
www.leighwax.com
-
In previous versions of Photoshop (I upgraded from CS3); selected media profiles in the Print dilog would remain as the "default" until changed by the user.
The other day, I printed 15 prints in succession, with the same media; and each time I opened the Print dilog I found it had defaulted to a Generic Printer profile, and I had to scroll through the .icc profiles, and reselect the appropriate profile.
Gets a bit annoying, and increases the chance of accidently selecting the wrong profile.
I searched in vain for a "control" to change this behaviour, an wondered if anyone else might have a "fix"?
Leigh
www.leighwax.com
Check out the program, Qimage. It is a printing program with full color management and many features that I and many others find useful enough so that we no longer print from Photoshop. Once you set up your choices in the printer driver and Qimage, including monitor and printer profiles, paper, paper size, etc, Qimage remembers your settings wo well that the next time you go back to one of the choices Qimage asks if you want all of the settings you previously used with that paper, or profile, etc. Qimage is also quite good at circumventing many of the limitations within a printer driver, as well. I believe this is a correct link to the website, where you can download a free trial as well as an excellent tutorial.
Qimage (http://ddisoftware.com)
-
Leigh-
For me, that portion of the printing process works as before, in previous versions. The dialogue box opens with the previous media profile selected. I know of no setting that specifies this behavior or the one you are experiencing. Odd.
I have my own anomaly, though. In the HP printer's settings accessed through the PS print window, when I choose sheet or roll paper settings, I can change from one to the other, but the first print is attempted with the previous setting. I cancel the print, after the printer tells me that it needs the other type of media, and then tell Photosphop to print it again without changing any settings, and it selects the correct sheet or roll media choice. It may quite likely be a HP problem, but it just showed up when I switched to CS5. Like you, it is a small interface annoyance that is quite aggravating.
You didn't say which platform you are on, but FWIW, I'm on Mac 10.6.3.
-
My mistake---- I didn't click "DONE" after setting up the parameters.
Leigh