Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: Eli Burakian on May 22, 2010, 06:51:42 pm
-
Hello, I recently started using a Sony a850 and love it. However, with my Nikon D300, when I go to the profile in the Camera Calibration section, I had a lot of choices. Now, with the Sony a850, I just have one "Adobe Standard". This is in both LR 2.7 and LR 3.2 beta.
Is this right? Should I have different choices and setting here? I thought the a850 was supported. If I can't get other profiles from Adobe, is there a place online where I can get them?
Thanks in advance for anyone that can help.
-
I don't know that Adobe has any 'canned' profiles for the A850, but you can certainly use the DNG Profile Creator from Adobe to create your own.
Adobe Camera Profiles (http://labs.adobe.com/wiki/index.php/DNG_Profiles)
Mike.
-
Is this right? Should I have different choices and setting here? I thought the a850 was supported.
The additional vendor look profiles vary camera model by camera model. Adobe has made the most profiles for Nikon and Canon cameras and far less for other models. If you have Adobe Standard and no others that's because there aren't any other profiles...as indicated in th previous post you can roll your own with the free DNG Profile Editor.
-
you can roll your own with the free DNG Profile Editor.
Maybe it's time to give that a try.
-
Hello, I recently started using a Sony a850 and love it. However, with my Nikon D300, when I go to the profile in the Camera Calibration section, I had a lot of choices. Now, with the Sony a850, I just have one "Adobe Standard". This is in both LR 2.7 and LR 3.2 beta.
Is this right? Should I have different choices and setting here? I thought the a850 was supported. If I can't get other profiles from Adobe, is there a place online where I can get them?
Thanks in advance for anyone that can help.
As others said , roll your own with the free apps from Adobe.
You could also create your own with a MacBeth Color Checker or better the X-Rite PAssport with the free Passport software, easy to do. There is even a handy tool for managing all your custom DNG profiles see the link below.
http://www.xrite.com/ph_product_overview.a...57&catid=28 (http://www.xrite.com/ph_product_overview.aspx?promoid=190&id=1257&catid=28)