Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: Peter Mellis on May 20, 2010, 03:40:27 pm

Title: Does Epson typically release new products at Photokina?
Post by: Peter Mellis on May 20, 2010, 03:40:27 pm
After doing more reading than I probably needed to do, I've decided to get either an Epson 700 or 750 scanner, for MF scanning (have a 35mm Nikon scanner). I don't want to pop for a Nikon; too expensive for my needs and volume. If I need to go beyond the MF limits of the machine, I'll get a drum scan done. Since I have a pretty good track record of buying products just before the announcement of the next generation unit/replacement (and missing the drop in price on the older unit), I'm curious if anyone has a handle on how Epson typically times their product announcements.

Both the 700 and 750 have been around for awhile and with Nikon's posture concerning the scanner market becoming more obvious, one would think that it might be time for Epson to do something (or not). In this case, if they announced something with better (real) specs, I'd wait for it.
Title: Does Epson typically release new products at Photokina?
Post by: Mark D Segal on May 20, 2010, 03:50:47 pm
The Epson 750 does a good job of medium format film scans. The Nikon is better for 35mm.

While you are right that the Epson models have been around for a while, I'd be quite surprised to see replacements any time soon. (But then again surprises happen!)