Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: jackperk on May 17, 2010, 08:13:18 pm

Title: Keywording on one machine ... moving to another
Post by: jackperk on May 17, 2010, 08:13:18 pm
On the plane home I booted the Mac laptop. 600 images had been loaded through it into a portable HD. With the HD disconnected I brought up the catalog and, though the images were all listed as not available, I went through the previews and keyworded all 600 to have that work done by the time I got home.

At home, I exported as catalog onto the HD and then attached the HD to the desktop, firing up LR 3.2. It opened flawlessly but the keywords were not there.

Why? How can I make such a transfer from laptop to desktop upon returning home?

Any ideas appreciated.

jack
Title: Keywording on one machine ... moving to another
Post by: DarkPenguin on May 17, 2010, 08:20:28 pm
Are you writing the changes xmp?
Title: Keywording on one machine ... moving to another
Post by: john beardsworth on May 18, 2010, 04:25:25 am
Quote from: jackperk
At home, I exported as catalog onto the HD and then attached the HD to the desktop, firing up LR 3.2....

Why? How can I make such a transfer from laptop to desktop upon returning home?

That Export as Catalog method is the best way to move work - in your desktop catalogue, you then use Import from Catalog to bring in the laptop work. In your case, maybe you've missed a step? Check the catalogue on the laptop again to ensure it has the keywords. Ensure you are using Import from Catalog too - not directly importing the images again.

John