Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: Dave Gurtcheff on May 15, 2010, 12:52:18 pm

Title: CS5 Lens Corrections?
Post by: Dave Gurtcheff on May 15, 2010, 12:52:18 pm
[size="4"]Hi all: I just installed CS5, and down loaded ACR 6.1 Beta. When I open an image in Photoshop, then go to "Filter" there is no "Lens Correction" as is shown on Adobe's Help site. What am I doing wrong?
I have found the old "Filter">"Distortion"> "Lens correction" which is strictly a manual correction.
Thanks in advance.    
Dave Gurtcheff in NJ
Title: CS5 Lens Corrections?
Post by: keithrsmith on May 15, 2010, 01:05:49 pm
Quote from: Dave Gurtcheff
[size="4"]Hi all: I just installed CS5, and down loaded ACR 6.1 Beta. When I open an image in Photoshop, then go to "Filter" there is no "Lens Correction" as is shown on Adobe's Help site. What am I doing wrong?
I have found the old "Filter">"Distortion"> "Lens correction" which is strictly a manual correction.
Thanks in advance.    
Dave Gurtcheff in NJ

IN ACR 6.1 there is a new tab which is the lens correction thing.

In CS5 you should see filter  - lens correction 4th line down from the top

Both do the same thing.

keith
Title: CS5 Lens Corrections?
Post by: Dave Gurtcheff on May 15, 2010, 01:13:25 pm
Quote from: keithrsmith
IN ACR 6.1 there is a new tab which is the lens correction thing.

In CS5 you should see filter  - lens correction 4th line down from the top

Both do the same thing.

keith
Thanks Keith: It's not there! I get Filters> Last Filter; Convert to Smart Filters; Extract; Filter Gallery; Liquify; Pattern Maker, etc etc.
I am really confused!
Dave
Title: CS5 Lens Corrections?
Post by: JeffKohn on May 15, 2010, 01:37:17 pm
You sure you're running CS5? I guess it's possible that the menu structure for your workspace got mucked up. Try going to Window -> Workspace -> Photography. Then maybe try Reset Workspace if it's still not showing up?
Title: CS5 Lens Corrections?
Post by: madmanchan on May 15, 2010, 01:45:21 pm
I have no explanation as to why the Lens Corrections plug-in filter is not showing up in your CS5 installation. The only thing I can think of is that somehow the installation did not complete, for some reason. You could try doing a re-install of CS5 and see if it shows up then.

This is what the menu should look like (see attached).
Title: CS5 Lens Corrections?
Post by: Dave Gurtcheff on May 15, 2010, 02:30:51 pm
Quote from: madmanchan
I have no explanation as to why the Lens Corrections plug-in filter is not showing up in your CS5 installation. The only thing I can think of is that somehow the installation did not complete, for some reason. You could try doing a re-install of CS5 and see if it shows up then.

This is what the menu should look like (see attached).
Hi Jeff I tried your suggestion; no help. I did an uninstall, then a new install, and voila! Lens Correction now appears. I HAVE NOT yet reinstalled my numerous plug-ins as I did previously. I did not check before if Lens correction showed up BEFORE I installed the plug-ins. Do you think a plug-in could cause it? I will carefully reinstall plug ins several at a time and check to see if the lens corrections still work. Any known issues of popular plug-ins causing a problem?
Thanks again, guys I really appreciate your help.    
Dave