Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: Michael West on May 11, 2010, 01:59:16 am
-
A LR 3 update alert appeared in desktop...and an unknown icon , presumably for lightroom 3 "update in my Macs dock A message then appeared telling me that the application would now quit. The alert for the "update" then quit and I have had zero luck in finding any mention of such an update on the adobe site.
anyone else experience this [evidently non-] issue?
-
A LR 3 update alert appeared in desktop...and an unknown icon , presumably for lightroom 3 "update in my Macs dock A message then appeared telling me that the application would now quit. The alert for the "update" then quit and I have had zero luck in finding any mention of such an update on the adobe site.
anyone else experience this [evidently non-] issue?
I've used LR3b2 today on my Mac and didn't see any update alert. Are you using the latest beta (b2) or the original one (it should have expired at the end of April)?
-
I've used LR3b2 today on my Mac and didn't see any update alert. Are you using the latest beta (b2) or the original one (it should have expired at the end of April)?
Im using 3 Beta 2. Its running properly. The thread I posted on the adobe Lightroom forum is now missing however.
-
…The thread I posted on the adobe Lightroom forum is now missing however.
Weird, indeed!
-
Weird, indeed!
The thread is there , I likely missed it due to the stress/excitement...of the possibility of there being another update..and my missing it and not knowing how to find it.
Theres no mention of any update for 3 beta anywhere on the web so I suspect, this incident was a hiccup.
-
I've used LR3b2 today on my Mac and didn't see any update alert. Are you using the latest beta (b2) or the original one (it should have expired at the end of April)?
I have encounter this at least 3 times using LR 3 Beta 2, which tells me that the application would quit. I had to shutdown the entire computer system, and reboot the system again. But I did not get any message about any Update.
-
I have encounter this at least 3 times using LR 3 Beta 2, which tells me that the application would quit. I had to shutdown the entire computer system, and reboot the system again. But I did not get any message about any Update.
I'm on a PC and yesterday I got an email from Adobe saying my beta was expiring. I opened LR, it was Beta2. I clicked on check for updates and it said I was up to date. So, I downloaded beta2 again and reinstalled it. I'm guessing it's an error in Adobe's shop.
-
I'm on a PC and yesterday I got an email from Adobe saying my beta was expiring. I opened LR, it was Beta2. I clicked on check for updates and it said I was up to date. So, I downloaded beta2 again and reinstalled it. I'm guessing it's an error in Adobe's shop.
I got one such email from Adobe, the day after I had downloaded and installed Beta 2. I wasted some time trying to find another update (since one of Adobe's pages referred to "Beta 3" on the same page that talked about "Beta 2". Once I realized Adobe was also confused, I stopped worrying, and I haven't gotten another email.
Eric
-
Minutes ago t got the same on screen alert, this time in Two Sections.
One alert window was the "update available" alert I had seen previously the other an :announcement alert window ,is-"informing" me that the software would now quit.
the alert windows then promptly disappeared. Perhaps the first and now all too familiar "update alert" window was what the second was referencing as "the application"?
Tis a tad exasperating
-
Under preferences>General, uncheck "Automatically check for updates."
It is a beta and with that checked it is getting confused, anyway that's my theory.
Rich
-
Under preferences>General, uncheck "Automatically check for updates."
It is a beta and with that checked it is getting confused, anyway that's my theory.
Rich
"done" Thank you.