Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: jtmiller on May 07, 2010, 12:14:53 pm

Title: LR3b2 Tethering and Live View?
Post by: jtmiller on May 07, 2010, 12:14:53 pm
I spent most of yesterday trying out LiveView with our Nikon D300 to help with some shoots we need to do. I like the tethered shooting ability to avoid swapping cards to evaluate the shots. That is a great improvement! I was using the trial of the Nikon Camera Control Pro software which unfortunately doesn't have the ability to resize the liveview screen to give a bigger picture.

I notice that LR3b2 has now got tethering but apparently no LiveView.

The D300 has an HDMI output which newer notebooks generally support and I've seen a Youtube video of LiveView over HDMI.

Has anyone tried using the HDMI/LiveView to supplement the LR3b2 tethering?

Of course it requires two cables (USB+HDMI) but it would seem to give the option of having a really big screen view of the preshot focusing process and then direct import and viewing of the results within LR.

thanks

jim