Luminous Landscape Forum

Site & Board Matters => About This Site => Topic started by: fredjeang on May 06, 2010, 07:07:45 am

Title: Cracked pool
Post by: fredjeang on May 06, 2010, 07:07:45 am
Great picture really! Bravo.

Got the sensation that the Sony , for what I've read so far in spanish, is a good surprise.
Will it be as good as the S90 ?


-------------
But can't wait the Sony's respone to MFT (NEX). Think that this summer will be hot. ( hope hotter than the freezing sring we have now in Spain )

Sony has demostrated that they can build very good cameras with the A900-850. If they can do something similar the NEX...
Also rumors about Nikon and possibly Pentax. Canon seems not interested in EVILs.

Hot summer wishes.

Regards.

Title: Cracked pool
Post by: jerrygrasso96 on May 06, 2010, 07:36:55 am
I agree! Michael, another abstract! I like the complimentary colors and the criss-cross lines. The intersecting by the parallel cracks adds another nice dimension to the image. Fun!
Title: Cracked pool
Post by: tedmna on May 06, 2010, 07:19:10 pm
Great shot, Michael!
Title: Cracked pool
Post by: HickersonJasonC on May 06, 2010, 10:00:02 pm
Quote from: tedmna
Great shot, Michael!

Agreed. Best shot in a long while.
Title: Cracked pool
Post by: LoisWakeman on May 07, 2010, 12:03:47 pm
Quote from: HickersonJasonC
Agreed. Best shot in a long while.
I concur - I have been missing shots like this, as street photography isn't really my thing (my problem, not Michael's!). A pleasing blend of formal geometry and randomness, with layers of texture and reflection to ponder; all topped off by an elegant and restrained cool palette. I imagine it would look great on a wall.
Title: Cracked pool
Post by: solardarkroom.com on May 07, 2010, 12:05:01 pm
Quote from: HickersonJasonC
Agreed. Best shot in a long while.

This is one of my favorites. It has a very calming effect and invites exploration. I keep returning to it trying to understand the effect...some sort of "structural harmony" in all the crossing patterns. Next time it rains in Los Angeles I'm looking for empty pools.
Title: Cracked pool
Post by: charleski on May 10, 2010, 07:35:18 am
I agree with the above, a very good shot.

My first reaction, however, even given the reduced image on the web page, was, 'Hmm, that's a bit noisy.' I guess I'm used to seeing ultra-clean large-sensor shots on LL  

Since I've been getting a lot use from my Canon S90 lately I'm looking forward to the review.