Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: REZPhotos on May 05, 2010, 11:32:03 pm

Title: Lightroom and Canon 7d raw
Post by: REZPhotos on May 05, 2010, 11:32:03 pm
In converting pictures with somewhat over-exposed highlights with LR2.7, the blown highlights turn magenta  - sometimes with green borders.  This was not true of pictures I took with a 20d and, also, not true when I use DPP to convert - as much as I'd rather not use DPP.  The magenta areas occur when using DXO version 5.3 also.  I note there were some comments about this last year but I can't find anything current.  Is anyone else experiencing this and is it just a fact of life with the 7d and Lightroom?  I know, don't blow the highlights out is the best solution but...  Here's a screen copy of both.  BTW, I'm running Mac OS X 10.5.8 on a PowerPC.
(http://rezphotos.com/sample/DPP.png)
(http://rezphotos.com/sample/Lightroom.png)