Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: Wayne Fox on May 04, 2010, 06:50:23 pm
-
I was playing with the latest beta of lightroom (fantastic, btw) and visually the results seemed to be far superior from past experiments with my p65 files. I couldn't detect the problem of the image being divided into fourths with each section a slightly different density but didn't try printing any of them.
Anyone care to comment? I've been converting to DNG and using LR (I'm terrible with C1 ... user skill not software problem), just curious about the current status here.
-
Anyone care to comment? I've been converting to DNG and using LR (I'm terrible with C1 ... user skill not software problem), just curious about the current status here.
It is much, much better (I gave Eric a bunch of P 65+ files to look at) but support is still "preliminary" (meaning not yet official). I don't think the white balance and tonality (Exposure offset) is correct yet and the + support is nil (meaning none of the + binned files can be read).
As you can imagine, the boys have been pretty busy getting ACR 6 (and LR 3 when it comes) out the door but "official" support prolly isn't too far off. The only question is what the model name on the captures are named...Phase call the model P 65+ and Adobe ACR/LR calls them P65+ (no space) which can cause a problem when making custom profiles...BTW, you seriously DO want to roll your own dual illuminate profile for the back using DNG Profile Editor...
-
.BTW, you seriously DO want to roll your own dual illuminate profile for the back using DNG Profile Editor...
Jeff-
I thought I remembered you recommending the use of Adobe's in house profiles as producing the best results. Did I misunderstand, has something changed, or is this recommendation specific to Phase backs?
-
I thought I remembered you recommending the use of Adobe's in house profiles as producing the best results. Did I misunderstand, has something changed, or is this recommendation specific to Phase backs?
This relates ONLY to the P 65+ that currently has a DNG Profile named "beta"...and yes, in this case, with the P 65+ back, it _IS_ worth shooting a CC chart and make you own DNG profile (which I've done and it's "better").
As I said, the P 65+ support is still considered "preliminary" meaning there ARE no promises regarding color & tone...that only comes with the official support.
-
This relates ONLY to the P 65+ that currently has a DNG Profile named "beta"...and yes, in this case, with the P 65+ back, it _IS_ worth shooting a CC chart and make you own DNG profile (which I've done and it's "better").
As I said, the P 65+ support is still considered "preliminary" meaning there ARE no promises regarding color & tone...that only comes with the official support.
Thanks jeff. And while preliminary it's working pretty well and I'm sure will get better over time.