Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: dandeliondigital on May 03, 2010, 11:23:58 am

Title: CS4>CS5 transitioning related
Post by: dandeliondigital on May 03, 2010, 11:23:58 am
Hi,
Thinking of moving to CS5, but aside from having to wait for months for plugins to be compatible, I had a question.

Can I repurpose my settings, namely:

Adobe>Color>Proofing> Settings I created in CS4 to CS5
Adobe>Color>Settings>  Settings I created in CS4 to CS5

Thanks.

So long for now, TOM
Title: CS4>CS5 transitioning related
Post by: Jack Flesher on May 03, 2010, 12:23:12 pm
Quote from: dandeliondigital
Hi,
Thinking of moving to CS5, but aside from having to wait for months for plugins to be compatible, I had a question.

Can I repurpose my settings, namely:

Adobe>Color>Proofing> Settings I created in CS4 to CS5
Adobe>Color>Settings>  Settings I created in CS4 to CS5

Thanks.

So long for now, TOM

At least on Mac, those all port over automatically from CS4 to CS5.  However, your custom menu settings and palette locations won't, and any plug-ins that aren't 64-bit won't operate (like NIK).
Title: CS4>CS5 transitioning related
Post by: dandeliondigital on May 03, 2010, 08:50:36 pm


Thanks Jack,
That will make the transition a bit more bearable.

I'm on the Mac and I think I will buy more RAM first and by about the time the pluggins are through baking, I will be able to get the upgrades.

I've been enduring a lot of CS crashes lately with PS, AI & ID and I think they are RAM related. Only have 8 GB at present.

So long for now, TOM

Quote from: Jack Flesher
At least on Mac, those all port over automatically from CS4 to CS5.  However, your custom menu settings and palette locations won't, and any plug-ins that aren't 64-bit won't operate (like NIK).