Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: järvinen on May 02, 2010, 01:41:16 pm
-
Hi to all,
this is my first post to this forum, but I'm reading it for some time now. Very usefull, thank you.
Today afternoon I started Lightroom again doing some keywording structuring. At the end I marked all files (Strg + A) and tried to save metadata to xmp-file (Strg + S). Now the progress bar went away and only for one file the metadata got written to xmp, according to "unsaved metadata" symbol on grid view.
Since it will be tedious to save metadata for each file seperatly, I thought it would be helpful to write to this forum.
So all your help is very welcome, thank you,
Järvinen
-
Hi Järvinen, you probably are selecting the images in the film strip at the bottom. To do what you're trying to accomplish, you'll need to select multiple images in the grid. That is:
- Press G to get the Grid view.
- Select multiple images in the grid.
- Then do the Save Metadata step.
-
Have you tried going to the Catalogue Settings/Metatadata and checking 'Auto write changes into .xmp'? Some people don't like this, preferring to do it manually, but it might help you figure out where the problem lies.
Mike.
-
Dear madmanchan, dear wolfnowl,
thank you very much for your answers, but it did not help me very much.
I'm in grid view and see the unsaved metadata sign on almost all images. I marked all images and selected save metadata to file from the metadata menu. But the sign for metadata not saved does not go away. I've done this very often in the past and it always worked very well. Normally I mark all images (Strg+ A) and save metadata to xmp (Strg+S). Depending how much images I selected, it dit take some time, shown on the progress bar.
I tried to select automatically write changes to xmp within the catalog setting, but the unsaved metadata sign was still there.
Is it possible, that the "unsaved metadata" sign is shown wrongly?
I tested integrity of the catalog when starting, but nothing improved. So still a problem. If you have any idea, you are very welcome.
Thanks in advance,
Järvinen