Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: eddysmit on April 30, 2010, 04:54:10 am
-
Hi, please help.
Finally I have found I used motherboard for my broken Epson 7600.
But after installing, it appears to be set as a DYE version.
It doesn't accept pigment cartridges. I have solved that by switching out the recognition.
However printing doesn't work because that gives a COMMAND ERROR.
Version gives D at the end, not P.
A new firmware install doesn't change that.
Any ideas to change it back to PIGMENT?
-
And how do I edit the topic title?
-
http://ftp.epson.com/pdf/pro76u/pro76uu1.pdf (http://ftp.epson.com/pdf/pro76u/pro76uu1.pdf)
If I read p38.
You can only do this once.
-
I'm afraid it looks as if you bought yourself a dye ink printer, Eddy. As the manual says, this is a once-only set up.
John
-
An Epson service technician may be able to rewrite the NVRAM on the board to reset it back to factory default which would then allow you to set it as pigment. Try giving them a call.
-
With a little help of a friend Joost and the service manual, I found the solution.
When you push < v enter and power on, the printer comes in one of the service modes.
There you change NPD and printertype and EDMOD, then it's a pigment printer again.
Allso works the other way around.
-
Yes, I have gone pigment->dye->pigment on one of my 7600 printers with no problems.
It has been a while, and my memory is **bad**. Full details are somewhere on Yahoo Epson Large Format.
The 7600 are fun printers to tinker with and convert, as they are the last ones with full access to most service functions. As long as you are running "cheaper" inks, like DIY B&W mixes, etc. For full price inks, the 7800 and newer printers are more frugal, and probably more cost effective in the long run.
Have fun!
Michael
-
Thank you Michael,
now I have 2 working pigment printers, but still cant get a good print.
Something is going wrong with the MAC.
It works on the PC under PS3.
But it never worked with the MAC. Not under Leopard and CS3.
Not under Snow Leopard and CS4.
In the last situation dark parts of a picture are almost black and black parts are smeared with ink. Light parts look fine.
What I'm doing wrong??????
Something with color profiles? I have lots of profiles in different maps.
Can it be that the profiles are in the wrong map?
What is the correct map for the paper profiles and the picture profiles?
I read about V2 and V4 profiles. What's the difference? How can I see what is what?
On screen, everything looks fine. Print preview looks OK. Results are hopeless.
I use colormanagement in CS4 with a 7600 glossy paper profile and Premium Glossy paper in the printer dialog.
I'm getting desperate.
Please help.
-
Hi
is there any one can help me by teaching step by step to convert the Epson 7600 dye to epson 7600 pigment,
thank you :)