Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: tkarlmann on April 29, 2010, 07:30:15 pm

Title: Canon 61/6200 vs 8100 Printers
Post by: tkarlmann on April 29, 2010, 07:30:15 pm
I was just looking at the "Supported Media", and I noticed some (apparently) differing media compatibility differences between the two printers.  Do any of you owners know why this is?

Title: Canon 61/6200 vs 8100 Printers
Post by: JeffKohn on April 29, 2010, 08:12:44 pm
It could have to do with the sizes of rolls/sheets available for a certain paper not being compatible with the bigger (or smaller) printers. But trying to understand the logic in Canon's support for their numerous media types is an exercise in futility, I think. I don't worry about it too much since I use 3rd-party papers anyway.
Title: Canon 61/6200 vs 8100 Printers
Post by: colinm on April 29, 2010, 08:27:34 pm
As with many of Canon's charts, that chart is mysteriously inaccurate.

Life gets easier once you realize the documentation's just there to confuse you.