Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Eli Burakian on April 29, 2010, 12:42:29 pm

Title: Output Sharpening for Lightjet Printing
Post by: Eli Burakian on April 29, 2010, 12:42:29 pm
Hello,

I'm preparing a bunch of images to be printed fairly large (20x30 inches) on a Lightjet.  I was wondering if anybody knows what settings to use in photokit sharpener for output settings.  Do I still use the inkjet settings or is this more of a contone?

Thanks,

Eli
Title: Output Sharpening for Lightjet Printing
Post by: Sven W on April 29, 2010, 03:51:27 pm
Quote from: EliBurak
Hello,

I'm preparing a bunch of images to be printed fairly large (20x30 inches) on a Lightjet.  I was wondering if anybody knows what settings to use in photokit sharpener for output settings.  Do I still use the inkjet settings or is this more of a contone?

Thanks,

Eli

It's a contone-process. C-prints.
I sometimes make Lambda-prints and usually the PK Contone 200ppi settings works fine.
Maybe you can run a small test at 100%?

/Sven
Title: Output Sharpening for Lightjet Printing
Post by: Eli Burakian on May 04, 2010, 12:54:16 pm
Thanks Sven!

Quote from: Sven W
It's a contone-process. C-prints.
I sometimes make Lambda-prints and usually the PK Contone 200ppi settings works fine.
Maybe you can run a small test at 100%?

/Sven

Title: Output Sharpening for Lightjet Printing
Post by: digitaldog on May 04, 2010, 02:24:39 pm
Yes, Contone was exactly intended for output to such printers.