Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => The Coffee Corner => Topic started by: DarkPenguin on April 21, 2010, 09:55:27 pm

Title: Dakota Winter folio
Post by: DarkPenguin on April 21, 2010, 09:55:27 pm
Dunno if anyone mentioned it but if not Lenswork is offering a folio of (the LuLa forums own) Chuck Kimmerle images.

http://www.lenswork.com/specialeditions/lwf-028.htm (http://www.lenswork.com/specialeditions/lwf-028.htm)

FYI
Title: Dakota Winter folio
Post by: lightstand on April 22, 2010, 10:26:36 pm
Quote from: DarkPenguin
Dunno if anyone mentioned it but if not Lenswork is offering a folio of (the LuLa forums own) Chuck Kimmerle images.

http://www.lenswork.com/specialeditions/lwf-028.htm (http://www.lenswork.com/specialeditions/lwf-028.htm)

FYI

Wow!!! those are some incredible images, very nice
Title: Dakota Winter folio
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on April 23, 2010, 12:22:06 am
Very fine work indeed. I'm going to order a folio.

Eric

Title: Dakota Winter folio
Post by: DarkPenguin on April 23, 2010, 12:36:54 am
I'm waffling between getting the portfolio and buying a print.  There is a nice audio interview of Chuck by Brooks Jensen in Lenswork extended  87, btw.
Title: Dakota Winter folio
Post by: ckimmerle on April 27, 2010, 02:15:33 pm
Oops....missed this topic.

I appreciate the mention. Thank you. I saw a sample of the folio before it was announced and was very happy with the results. The images look a bit different than my original prints do (they're a bit warmer and a show a very, very slight difference in tonality). But, that's the point. They're not "originals" and are supposed to look a bit different. Still, they're wonderful.

As for whether to buy a print or a folio. That's a tough choice, and one I had to consider when I agreed to be a part. Buying a print, of course, puts more money in my pocket, but buying a folio gives YOU more value. Either way, it's win-win.

Chuck