Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: walter.sk on April 20, 2010, 03:26:48 pm

Title: Z3100 in Win7: HP-APS question
Post by: walter.sk on April 20, 2010, 03:26:48 pm
I had problems with my HP-APS 3 years ago because it would not accept the serial code.  HP & X-Rite conferred, and a got a corrected code as well as a registry key to place in the right folder in XPPro.  It worked fine since then, even with upgrades to HP-APS, as well as a switch to Win7 64-bit.  

However, I had to do a clean install of Win7, as my previously-working version got corrupted.  I now can't find my original HP-APS CD, so what I did was copy the HP-APS folder from my previous Win7 drive and put it into the equivalent folder.  I also copied in the registry key, so that my Eye-1Display2 is recognized again.

I double-clicked on the HP-APS.exe icon, and it loaded in the demo mode.  When I opened the Register dialog I saw the srial number for the colorimeter, and I entered the serial code given to me 3 years ago by X-Rite to correct the original incorrect code.  However, after clicking OK, I got the same window back with a box added and checked:  Use Proxy Server.  Below was a space to enter Proxy Address, and one to enter Port.  I tried ignoring this, unchecking it and not unchecking it.  Either way I could not activate the HP-APS.

I know my f-stops, shutter speeds and ISO's.  But I don't have the slightest idea of what to enterin those spaces, and I also don't know where to find the information.

Anybody here have an idea?  I still have my old C: Drive with a mostly-functioning Win7, so if somebody knowledgeable reads this, I could probably find a way to copy the activation information from that drive to the current one.

Help!
Title: Z3100 in Win7: HP-APS question
Post by: walter.sk on April 20, 2010, 06:56:15 pm
Issue Solved!

It finally dawned on me to make all files and folders visible, and discovered another HP-APS folder.  I copied the registry key into that folder, and now my HP-APS works just fine!