Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: PaulMacaulay on April 19, 2010, 11:33:11 am

Title: Lightroom 2 on sale
Post by: PaulMacaulay on April 19, 2010, 11:33:11 am
Amazon has a one-day sale on LR 2 for $199. I'm wondering if I'd save anything by buying this and then upgrading to LR 3 vs. waiting and paying full price for LR 3. Any thoughts?

Paul
Title: Lightroom 2 on sale
Post by: Richowens on April 19, 2010, 04:05:24 pm
I think it would be a wash, going by past pricing and practices.

If I may suggest, download LR3 beta 2. It willl expiire at the end of June and 3 should be released by then.

I would also suggest that you work on copies of your originals, even though very tame it still has bugs and is a beta.

Rich
Title: Lightroom 2 on sale
Post by: PaulMacaulay on April 19, 2010, 04:27:42 pm
Quote from: Richowens
I think it would be a wash, going by past pricing and practices.

If I may suggest, download LR3 beta 2. It willl expiire at the end of June and 3 should be released by then.

I would also suggest that you work on copies of your originals, even though very tame it still has bugs and is a beta.

Rich

Thanks for the advice Rich.

Paul