Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: AndrewKulin on April 15, 2010, 07:41:50 am

Title: Printing on clear transparencies
Post by: AndrewKulin on April 15, 2010, 07:41:50 am
Does anyone know if I can use my 3880 to print onto clear plastic adhesive labels (from Staples)?  It is simply to add details, logos, etc. onto the sides of a "Scout Truck" to be raced this weekend (essentially a gravity propelled wooden vehicle carved from a block of wood).  Archival permamence is not an issue.  I just don't want to have to hand-paint stuff all over this thing if I can help it.

Thanks,
Title: Printing on clear transparencies
Post by: BobFisher on April 15, 2010, 08:28:43 am
As long as the transparency stock has an inkjet receptive coating, yes.  I've used, for example, Pictorico Ultra Premium OHP Transparency Film in my 3800 and it works great.  Avery makes some clear, adhesive, inkjet mailing labels.  I've used some of those in my smaller, R280 general purpose printer and they work fine.