Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Colour Management => Topic started by: Larry451 on April 14, 2010, 01:21:52 pm
-
My monitors are calibrated with spyder 2pro
I'm using an epson 7600 with K2 ink (Cone) and his profiles... printing with a mac (10.4) PS3 + epson driver thinking about color munki and wondering if I will be able to get better profiles than Cone or Epson or Atkinson's canned versions? or should I buy profiles from any of the above. printing on epson presentation paper, moab entrada natural, premier art canvas and moab anasazi canvas.
thanks in advance
Larry.
-
My monitors are calibrated with spyder 2pro
I'm using an epson 7600 with K2 ink (Cone) and his profiles... printing with a mac (10.4) PS3 + epson driver thinking about color munki and wondering if I will be able to get better profiles than Cone or Epson or Atkinson's canned versions? or should I buy profiles from any of the above. printing on epson presentation paper, moab entrada natural, premier art canvas and moab anasazi canvas.
thanks in advance
Larry.
The printers from that generation were not very consistent on a machine to machine basis so profiles built for one may not work very well for another physical machine. Additionally, manufacturers probably don't try very hard to make profiles for these older printers since they are rapidly disappearing from production,. You may find that a simple colormunki profile for your specific machine will provide you better results.
-
thanks wayne
I read your article on color munki.......... interesting
guess I'll open my wallet and buy one.
Larry.
-
thanks wayne
I read your article on color munki.......... interesting
guess I'll open my wallet and buy one.
Larry.
I would look at a custom profile if your are not using a lot of different papers. I have made profiles for one of my friends that has a CM using the Atkinson 1728 patch target with Monaco Profiler that he says are better than the CM especially in gradients. I have never used a CM so I cannot relate. I'm using an X-rite iSis to read the target and craeate the profile.
-
thanks wayne
I read your article on color munki.......... interesting
guess I'll open my wallet and buy one.
Larry.
Where would one find that article please?
-
Here is the article
http://www.cwaynefox.com/myBlog/Printing/E...e_any_good.html (http://www.cwaynefox.com/myBlog/Printing/Entries/2010/1/27_The_xrite_colormunki_..._how_can_this_possibly_be_any_good.html)
Larry.