Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: taxione on April 12, 2010, 02:06:58 pm
-
I've been printing with the HP Z3200 for about a year, and I've never had a problem with its output. This week, when printing on Ilford Gold Fiber Silk, for the first time, I've noticed three seperate issues-all pretty major: 1) I'm getting a strange gray border around the outside of the image, at one end of the paper, only, 2) I'm getting noticable lines running through the image, AT THE SAME END, only (I guess this is called banding?) and 3) I'm getting lots of black ink splattered on the edges of the paper. Before I call HP support, any ideas of how to fix these? Thank you.
Adam
-
I've been printing with the HP Z3200 for about a year, and I've never had a problem with its output. This week, when printing on Ilford Gold Fiber Silk, for the first time, I've noticed three seperate issues-all pretty major: 1) I'm getting a strange gray border around the outside of the image, at one end of the paper, only, 2) I'm getting noticable lines running through the image, AT THE SAME END, only (I guess this is called banding?) and 3) I'm getting lots of black ink splattered on the edges of the paper. Before I call HP support, any ideas of how to fix these? Thank you.
Adam
Have you cleaned the heads, the head carriage as good as possible, cleaned the capping station lid and after that a realignment of the heads?
Several threads on the same subject in this forum.
met vriendelijke groeten, Ernst Dinkla
Try: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Wide_Inkjet_Printers/ (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Wide_Inkjet_Printers/)
-
Have you cleaned the heads, the head carriage as good as possible, cleaned the capping station lid and after that a realignment of the heads?
Several threads on the same subject in this forum.
met vriendelijke groeten, Ernst Dinkla
Try: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Wide_Inkjet_Printers/ (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Wide_Inkjet_Printers/)
No, I havent. Are head cleanings simple to do? Does the printer do it, or do I have to do it, manually? Thank you.
Adam
-
No, I havent. Are head cleanings simple to do? Does the printer do it, or do I have to do it, manually? Thank you.
Adam
Manually, there have been threads here on how to do it. Z3100 and Z3200 are alike. Check the Wiki Z3100 pages too.
met vriendelijke groeten, Ernst Dinkla
Try: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Wide_Inkjet_Printers/ (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Wide_Inkjet_Printers/)
-
Manually, there have been threads here on how to do it. Z3100 and Z3200 are alike. Check the Wiki Z3100 pages too.
met vriendelijke groeten, Ernst Dinkla
Try: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Wide_Inkjet_Printers/ (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Wide_Inkjet_Printers/)
Thank you.
-
Since you have a new paper, have you checked that the paper size specified in the printer driver is correct? if the paper size dimensions you specify are too small, this may contribute to your problem. (sounds like what happened to me).
David