Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: axotl on April 12, 2010, 09:48:32 am

Title: Going Home
Post by: axotl on April 12, 2010, 09:48:32 am
I've been volunteering at the California Antelope Valley Poppy Reserve the last couple months--I'm about poppied and wildflowered out for now. A few shots on my way home, and as far as I can tell, not a flower among them.
 
The light was moving fast.
(http://aeve.com/1/2010/04/768-r7521.jpg)
I think I'm going to spice up the brush in the foreground a bit when I get around to doing a reedit.
 
This was across the road.
(http://aeve.com/1/2010/04/768-r7538.jpg)
 
I've ended up in this location for sunset several times on the way home.  It's a great place for catching clouds as they come over the mountains.
(http://aeve.com/1/2010/04/392-r7546.jpg)
I think what I need to do is spend a day on this bajada and line up something I really like. It's an interesting place though, even if I never find a shot.
 
The Plant Community says Goodnight!
(http://aeve.com/1/2010/04/768-r7573.jpg)
.. and then I'm on my way home...
 
-
Title: Going Home
Post by: nigelrudyard on April 13, 2010, 05:48:41 am
I like the light on the first shot, and the rich colours in the third shot. It looks like a very interesting expanse -- nicely captured!
Title: Going Home
Post by: RichardGilbert on April 13, 2010, 04:39:28 pm
I really like the second one! What does it look like when you bring the blacks out a little more? I have an image in my head of a solid silhouette!