Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: mokenny on April 11, 2010, 09:01:05 pm

Title: old cabin ( attempt at still life)
Post by: mokenny on April 11, 2010, 09:01:05 pm
Picture of an old log cabin. (Still life)

C & C welcome
Thank you

Mo Kenny
There are two views of the same scene, which is better ?
Title: old cabin ( attempt at still life)
Post by: PeterAit on April 11, 2010, 09:49:41 pm
Quote from: mokenny
Picture of an old log cabin. (Still life)

C & C welcome
Thank you

Mo Kenny

Very nice, lovely tones. I do wish, however, that the wheelbarrow handle did not extend out of the frame.
Title: old cabin ( attempt at still life)
Post by: RSL on April 12, 2010, 09:54:59 am
Mo, It's a good start. There are two things you need to do though. First, as Peter pointed out, you need to re-shoot so the rest of the wheelbarrow handle is in the frame. Second, you need to do something about that window. The reflection is okay, even though I can see you from the waist down in the center. But the blowout in the middle caused by the window on the other side of the room needs to be brought under control. Frankly, I don't know how you'd do it with a single exposure. This is a made-to-order HDR situation. In the end, this kind of thing needs to be tack sharp. I suspect you need to shoot with a tripod.