Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: KenBabcock on April 10, 2010, 07:39:17 pm

Title: Black Diamond finish
Post by: KenBabcock on April 10, 2010, 07:39:17 pm
I received a sample of Black Diamond canvas and the BD Satin Eclipse finish.

When applied to a black and white canvas print, the print turns a little yellow, especially the lighter areas.  I did shake the bottle like crazy before rolling it on.  Tried it on various canvases and the same thing happened to each one.

Does the Clearshield or Glamour 2 leave a yellowing finish?
Title: Black Diamond finish
Post by: Colorwave on April 10, 2010, 07:46:48 pm
I only tried a sample quart of the Clearshied, but felt that it left a barely perceptible warmer cast when applied heavily.  I normally use Glamour II, and find no yellowing properties from using it.
Title: Black Diamond finish
Post by: Shawn on April 10, 2010, 10:51:41 pm
Quote from: KenBabcock
I received a sample of Black Diamond canvas and the BD Satin Eclipse finish.

When applied to a black and white canvas print, the print turns a little yellow, especially the lighter areas.  I did shake the bottle like crazy before rolling it on.  Tried it on various canvases and the same thing happened to each one.

Does the Clearshield or Glamour 2 leave a yellowing finish?
Not that I have noticed..have you tried the Breathing Color products yet?
Title: Black Diamond finish
Post by: KenBabcock on April 11, 2010, 12:03:58 am
No I haven't.  BC won't send USPS to me, so they advised I contact their Canadian distributor, who is insanely overpriced.

I also talked to someone that knows the owner of BC and I was told to stay away from their canvas.  Made in China and apparently they have problems with quality control issues, but ship it anyway.  

BC was actually kind of rude to me in their e-mail, so they can kiss my behind