Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: lay9eggs on April 10, 2010, 06:22:32 am
-
Hi,
I'm thinking about purchasing Lightroom 2. There seems to be many websites offering OEM downloads at a much better price. Has anyone bought from any of these sites? Do you know if they are authorized version? Just want to be careful not to step on somebody's toes. Have a great day!
-
Hi,
I'm thinking about purchasing Lightroom 2. There seems to be many websites offering OEM downloads at a much better price. Has anyone bought from any of these sites? Do you know if they are authorized version? Just want to be careful not to step on somebody's toes. Have a great day!
If you want an opinion on a given site you will need to post the link to it - otherwise.. Heck, yeah! sure,.. they are all legit! Go for it!
-
Here are two of them:-
http://www.oemsoft.ws/buy_cheap-adobe-phot...lightroom-2.php (http://www.oemsoft.ws/buy_cheap-adobe-photoshop-lightroom-2.php)
http://www.soft-discounter.com/shop/search...lightroom+2+mac (http://www.soft-discounter.com/shop/search/?s=lightroom+2+mac)
Thanks!
-
OEM downloads at a much better price.
In general, OEM licenses are not transferable ... therefore it would not typically be legal for someone to sell such software for use with any hardware other than that with which it was sold ... that assumes what they are selling is even actually OEM software ...
Here's some info on the topic:
http://siia.net/index.php?option=com_docma...=318&gid=17 (http://siia.net/index.php?option=com_docman&task=doc_download&Itemid=318&gid=17)
-
Here are two of them:-
http://www.oemsoft.ws/buy_cheap-adobe-phot...lightroom-2.php (http://www.oemsoft.ws/buy_cheap-adobe-photoshop-lightroom-2.php)
http://www.soft-discounter.com/shop/search...lightroom+2+mac (http://www.soft-discounter.com/shop/search/?s=lightroom+2+mac)
Thanks!
I suggest you read the FAQ section of their websites very carefully to see exactly what you're buying (and what you're not, namely a licensed version of the software).
-
Can't really say who's behind those two websites but it looks like the owners are in Russia or Turkey. I would not send any money to them unless you like to gamble.
-
There seems to be many websites offering OEM downloads at a much better price.
They aren't real...Adobe doesn't produce OEM versions.
The sites offering "OEM" versions are selling BOOTLEG versions...they are crooks engaged in piracy.
You sure you want to hand crooks your credit card number?
-
I'm convince! I'll stay clear of them. Thanks to all for your kind advice. Thanks also for the link, Jeremy. Blessed day!