Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Colour Management => Topic started by: natas on April 05, 2010, 04:08:46 pm
-
Hey Guys,
So last week I made the switch from Windows to PC. The PC I had stopped working so I figured I would make the switch.
I got my lightroom catalog converted, got all my apps installed and got my printer drivers installed (Epson r1900 and Epson 4800)
Last night I went to print in lightroom and got a little confused. I see that the epson print driver seems to be aware of icc profiles. This caught me off guard. In windows I am used to selecting my ICC print profile in lightroom from a drop down then setting the printer to ICC NCA. I can set this on the mac as well, but it seems to automatically select a ICC Profile in the driver as well (I was printing using Epson Luster). Would this cause any issues? If so, how do I tell epson driver to not select a ICC Profile?
-
Hey Guys,
So last week I made the switch from Windows to PC. The PC I had stopped working so I figured I would make the switch.
I got my lightroom catalog converted, got all my apps installed and got my printer drivers installed (Epson r1900 and Epson 4800)
Last night I went to print in lightroom and got a little confused. I see that the epson print driver seems to be aware of icc profiles. This caught me off guard. In windows I am used to selecting my ICC print profile in lightroom from a drop down then setting the printer to ICC NCA. I can set this on the mac as well, but it seems to automatically select a ICC Profile in the driver as well (I was printing using Epson Luster). Would this cause any issues? If so, how do I tell epson driver to not select a ICC Profile?
A printer driver has to be aware of profiles! But, that doesn't mean it always uses a profile. With my 4880 driver, there's a separate setting to turn color management off. A specific profile may still be selected, but it is inactive when CM is turned off.
-
I am used to selecting my ICC print profile in lightroom from a drop down then setting the printer to ICC NCA.
This is exactly what you want to continue to do. Other than differences in the look of the UI, the functionality between the operating systems remains the same.
-
A printer driver has to be aware of profiles! But, that doesn't mean it always uses a profile. With my 4880 driver, there's a separate setting to turn color management off. A specific profile may still be selected, but it is inactive when CM is turned off.
Ahh ok this answers my question. Thanks Peter